Friday, December 12, 2008

Eating Better In the Midst of Finals Week

Well it's here. That special time of year that everyone has been waiting for: Finals.

All across America, students are gearing down for the most stressful week of their lives. It gets a lot harder this time of the year to make sure I've got my head straight and my priorities in order. That said, in favor of not failing my classes, I often neglect myself and my eating habits.

To compensate for lack of preparation time in my schedule, I've made many a meal in bulk. Thanks to the greatest invention known to man--the crockpot-- I've managed to make sure that I get three (healthy) meals a day, without wasting precious study time.

Even though most of my friends do not have crockpots, we've all been trying to eat better. Foods on our latest grocery lists include sweet potatoes, bananas, nutri-grain bars, Quaker oat squares, and many, many Healthy Choice frozen meals.

Besides, eating better helps you do better on exams-- right? (Please do not correct me.)

No comments: