- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 lb. Fettuccine Noodles (or flat egg noodles)
- 1 cup feshly grated Parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Meanwhile, bring the butter to room temperature (you can soften it in a microwave, but don't melt it). Put it in a warm bowl.
2. Cook the pasta until tender but not mushy (this should take about 10-15 minutes)
3. While the pasta cooks, whisk 2 eggs with 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 cup grated Parmesan in a warmed bowl. Sprinkle with pepper.
4. When the pasta is cooked, toss it with the cream mixture, adding a little of the cooking water if necessary to keep the mixtur moist. Drizzle with butter, toss well, and serve immediately.