Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Enjoying a Cup of Tea on a Cold Day

I am getting less fond of the cold weather. Snow, while once the magical harbinger of the holidays, is now the white stuff that gets slush and water spots on my boots. The freezing weather--in addition to the fact that my favorite coffee shop has now shut down due to economic woes--makes for a depressing situation.

Tea seems to make it all better.

I found myself another coffee shop, Espresso Royale, a San Francisco chain that has made its way to the midwest and beyond. Espresso Royale has a great selection of teas. One of my new personal favorites is their "Paris Tea" blend, a fruity black tea with sweet, floral notes. After adding honey and milk, stirring, and sipping, all my worries started melting away.

Snow looks beautiful again.

No comments: